Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My weekend of food and my dog's giant arse.

I started this entry on Sunday morning, while watching Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo, and I just love this gif so much that I wanted to keep it in here.


My good friend Karen drove her awesome self all the way to my humble little town, which I really appreciated because a) it was hot and my car doesn't have AC and b) I got to sleep in.

Karen coaches Crossfit. She is a BAMF who does not wear shorts that are entirely too tight for her, unlike some people who also do Crossfit. Nor is she obsessed with pugs and disgusting food combinations.

We went to my bro's restaurant at Central Market and went nuts buying stuff. I bought a GIANT zucchini, a beautiful eggplant, pasta, and some local Southern style mustard barbecue sauce, which I had last night on some homemade pulled pork.

After that, we went to Park Street Pantry, a local spices/oils/vinegars store, and did a salt tasting, which we made fun of at first, but then realized was pretty awesome. I bought this amazing smoked salt (Alderwood, it smelled JUST like the PA Renaissance Faire), roasted garlic salt, and GHOST PEPPER salt, which is not for me, but for a friend at work and my brother.


After a quick stop at my house, it was off to Brown's Orchards, which is my favorite place in the world, and bought even more veggies, fruits, sweet things, coffee, had a beverage, and did a wine tasting from Logan's View Winery.




While we were there, they told us about Old Republic Distillery, a moonshine distillery nearby, and we were just like HECK YEAH, so we went and did a moonshine tasting, which was cool. The woman doing it was super knowledgeable and really nice. I am definitely not a hard liquor lady, but the apple pie moonshine was tasty.


On Sunday, I made a ridiculous goulash/ratatouille thing for my lunches this week. It combined:

  • eggplant
  • zucchini
  • Vidalia onion
  • garlic
  • Roma tomatoes
  • Campari tomatoes
  • toasted onion pasta
  • Boca crumbles

All with some reduced fat mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. DELICIOUS. Although I think I added too much crushed red pepper.

I also made a batch of my breakfast burritos, balled (heh) a watermelon and some cantaloupe, and made pulled pork in the crockpot. I was a cooking fiend!

Unrelated:

Here is a picture of my dog's giant butt, taken last night.

2 comments:

  1. Is there ever too much crushed red pepper?!

    Also, I am glad you shared all these places you went to in the area - might be a new fun thing for me to do on a weekend sometime! I'm always really lazy about finding new things to do.

    And awww at the doggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo looks exactly like Miss M's behind!

    ReplyDelete