Friday, July 12, 2013

Herpin' mah derp on Friday.

I am so ready for this week to be over. It just seems to have dragged on and on.

Wrong drag.


I am frustrated with the scale, yet again. It inexplicably went up two pounds a few days ago and has stayed there, despite being under my calories, exercising, and getting at least 8 glasses of water in a day. What gives, scale?

I know, something new for me, whining about the scale. But then I tell myself "Self, at least you are like 'okay scale, you suck' and go about your day." I work 45-50 hours a week, I work out for an hour 3-4 times a week after work, I cook and shop for two, I clean (sometimes) and try to find time to volunteer at least once a month. I think I am doing okay.


I am going to drop a very big (to me) amount of money on a pair of Real Running Shoes this weekend. I am trying not to hyperventilate because you will never catch me spending, say, $279 on a kitchen faucet or $100+ on a freaking trash can. I am frugal to a fault. No $8 jars of nut butter here!


This entry was completely random and used too many gifs.





10 comments:

  1. Get your herp derp on; too many gifs are my favorite.

    Running shoes might change your life. I heart mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shoes are just worth it. $170 trash can? Not as life changing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent $75. I don't think I have any article of clothing that costs that much, f'real. I am CHEAP.

      Delete
  3. Two weeks ago I spent $150 on a pair of New Balance cross trainers from the New Balance store, as opposed to buying from outlets like I normally do. I bitched and moaned for a month before doing it. For two days I refused to put them on and considered returning them. I now regret nothing because it's like I'm walking on clouds when I exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I bought last night are New Balances! I hope they are better than the beat-up Nike crosstrainers I was running in.

      Delete
  4. Too many gifs? NEVER.

    Uh, I have a $150 trashcan, but in my defense it was a wedding gift and it makes my kitchen look real classy like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am personally extremely concerned about my trash receptacle looking classy. It makes people overlook the tumbleweeds of dog hair.

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I feel your pain on the shoes thing. I injured my knees badly, and the physiotherapist told me I needed to buy a pair of special shoes for overpronators. I did some research, went to a bunch of stores and finally bought a pair that a seemingly knowledgeable clerk recommended for $60 (not a ton, but the most I've ever spent on shoes). When I went back to my physotherapist, she told me that the shoes I were sold were actually for UNDERpronators, IE the exact opposite of what I needed. "No worries, just put these insoles in!" she told me, which made me wonder why I couldn't have just done that with my old shoes?! Ugh! Anyway, I do think it can be worth it, when you actually get the right shoes, LOL! Good luck and let us know what you get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up buying "neutral" shoes because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. I figure they have to be better than the crappy old ones I was running in.

      Delete