Saturday, July 6, 2013

Blueberries and funnnnnnnn.

Busy day yesterday! I was up early to see the good ol' lady doctor (yay for finally having insurance after five years) and get the full workup. She was happy to hear of my almost-40-pound weight loss in the past six months, but I still have a ways to go. Also, I have to get my cholesterol checked, and will most certainly be taking medication to combat it. Thanks heredity! 


I then met up with a friend to go blueberry picking. I was thrilled that the 1/8 mile gentle hill walk to get to the bushes didn't phase me at all; I definitely would not have been able to do that easily 6 months ago! 

We got a little over 2 pounds of blueberries each for about $6.00, and they were nice and big and juicy. :) Very happy with my haul!

Why yes, I did crop my friend out of the picture and hide my double chin with blueberries. WHY DO YOU ASK?

She and I had lunch, where I made a good choice of a turkey sandwich with lots of veggies on wheat with mustard, and half a serving of chips. 

Annnnnd that's where my good choices ended for the day, hah.

The bf and I went to a friend's house for a BBQ, and I ate all the things. And they were all delicious: a burger, corn and black bean salsa with tortilla chips, veggies and dip, taco dip, potato salad, a couple potato chips, blueberries and fruit dip, and peach/cream cheese coffee cake. Oh, and a beer. I tried the things I wanted in moderation, didn't get overly full, and drank as much water as I could remember to. 


We played Cards Against Humanity for a good three hours or so, and I am almost positive I got the equivalent of a small workout with how hard I was laughing. That game is awesome and so, so inappropriate. It also helped that there was a fuzzy corgi butt there to offer cuddles. I could not get over her cute little pants and "buttstache" as her mom calls it.


OK, off to hang on for dear life on the back of a motorcycle in the raging heat and go buy some veggies. FUNNNNNNNNN WILL BE HAD.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I LOVE fresh blueberries. They are the best! We plan on taking our kids soon. We go every year and I freeze the blueberries and then I always have some on hands for smoothies or my oatmeal. About the cholesterol-before I lost weight, mine was elevated and I had high triglycerides. I told my Dr I wanted to keep eating healthy and losing weight and I wanted to do that before being put on meds. She agreed, and said that if after 6 months we didn't see an improvement, we'd discuss meds. So, after that 6 months they were greatly improved, not perfect, but not to the point she thought I would need meds. At my physical last December, I was 184 pounds and had optimal levels for everything. All my labs were perfect, and she said I was the perfect example of what eating healthy and regular exercise could do for the body. I have also been taking fish oil, which is supposed to help with cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy and fun day! I've been hearing about Cards About Humanity - we're planning to play it at a bachelorette party I'm hosting next month so I think it's going to be memorable!

    ReplyDelete