If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Where were you born? Did you grow up there? I was born in York PA, and grew up here. I don't think I am ever getting out of this city... I went to college in Washington DC, and somehow ended up back here. Sigh.
2. Tell us about your favorite spot in your city. Sitting at the counter at my brother's restaurant (which is located in the building pictured above), or watching the sunset at Brown's Orchards.
3. Do you volunteer for any organizations? If so, will you tell us about it? I am what I call a "freelance dog transporter". I do animal rescue transports for a number of organizations that pull dogs from shelters and get them to rescues, foster homes, or adoptive homes. I don't care about breed or anything; if it needs a ride and fits in my car, I'm there. To date, I've helped to transport probably over 100 animals. If you are interested in helping to transport dogs, PLEASE EMAIL ME and let me know where you are located. If you have a car and the time, YOU CAN TRANSPORT DOGS. It is incredibly rewarding and always has a happy ending.
Sundae, one of the dogs I helped transport. LOOK AT THAT BEAK.
4. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. Again, my brother's restaurant. Seriously, best breakfast ever.
5. Has your city ever experienced tragedy? If so, how did it recover? We had some pretty severe flooding about two years ago, but we recovered quickly.
6. Share at least one unique thing about your neighborhood. It's very racially diverse, which is rare in my town.
7. If you could do one small thing to change your community, what would you do? Mandatory spay/neuter for all pets that are not registered as having been health checked and had eyes/hearing/hips/etc. tested.
8. The Powerball is currently up to 400 million dollars. Would you move to a different place if you won? I wouldn't move too far. I love where I live, and I would buy about 100 acres of land and build a giant senior dog rescue where unwanted senior dogs could live out their days getting belly rubs, going for golf cart rides, and taking naps in sunny spots.
Old dogs ARE the best dogs.