Saturday, August 17, 2013

Busy Saturday and lots of talk about delicious foods I bought.


What a day!

First, let me back up to Friday night. Last night involved Chinese food and frozen yogurt, and dude, I think I have a food hangover today.


I call this "The Deathstar". It consists of chocolate yogurt, peanut butter yogurt, brownie bites, a crumbled chocolate chip cookie, crushed Oreos, rainbow sprinkles, caramel syrup, and chocolate syrup. Seriously sugar overload, but SO good. HOLY YUM, HAHAHA AM I POPULAR AND WEARING SHORTS UP MY HOO-HAH YET? GIMME FREE TRIPS! Whoops, sorry. I channeled someone else for a second there.

I eat pretty healthy usually, and I seriously felt hungover this morning. I don't know if it was because of the MSG or the sodium or the sugar or what, but all I want to do is drink water today.

Anyway, I didn't sleep well because of the sugar and MSG, but I got up and went to a nearby community yardsale where I scored some hanging metal baskets that get my produce up and off the counter, and a bunch of Star Wars toys for a friend of mine.

These squirrels looked strangely evil to me.

Then it was off to the farmer's market to say hi to my Mama and brother, and have lunch with some friends. All that sugar last night didn't stop me from trying some amazing Filipino food today at a stand that just opened at the market. It was AWESOME.

Pork (in?) adobo with jasmine rice. The pork was slow simmered and fell right off the bone. I ate every bite. If you're local, you HAVE to try Tasa in Central Market!

I bought a ridiculous amount of fruits and veggies:
  •  an eggplant for eggplant fries
  • two huge beefsteak tomtatoes that I plan to roast with olive oil and roasted garlic salt and top with fresh mozzarella
  • green beans
  •  white peaches
  • a dozen ears of white corn that I'm going to cook up and freeze the kernels
  • Oh, and some Carolina-style mustardy barbecue sauce. 
  • And four different smoked salts because I am addicted to the stuff.
  • And a sea salt caramel and chocolate cupcake.
  • And some more stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting.


... man I'm hungry now. I'm going to go make some burgers for dinner. 









No comments:

Post a Comment