Sunday, April 28, 2013

On 25 pounds lost.

So, I am officially down 25 pounds since I seriously committed to losing weight seriously in January, and down 40 from my highest weight ever.

The following is a list in no particular order of things that I have noticed since losing weight:

  • I don't feel like I'm going to die when I climb a flight of stairs.
  • My butt fits better in seats at theatres, or chairs with arms (though still not as well as I'd like).
  • My double chin is shrinking.
  • My gut is shrinking.
  • I don't have as much knee pain as I had before (though I still use a brace for extra support while exercising).
  • Veggies are freaking tasty when prepared right.
  • There is a lot of really delicious stuff that won't throw my diet completely off track (hello self-serve frozen yogurt, my good friend).
  • I sleep better after exercising.
  • My skin has slightly improved.
  • My clothes are much more comfortable now that they aren't DIGGING INTO MY FREAKING FLESH.
  • My parents are really proud of me.
  • I feel more attractive (this is not to say that thin = attractive. It's just how I FEEL, and I am most certainly not thin.)
  • I'm learning how to stop when I'm satisfied, and not when I feel like I want to be rolled out of a restaurant in case my stomach decides to explode.
  • I get a huge thrill when I get to update my /r/loseit flair.
I like all these things. I think I'll keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment