Thursday, April 4, 2013

Drive-by posting.

I'm just going to make this short and sweet.

Yesterday I had a shitty afternoon. I went to the dentist for the first time in five years (shut up, I know, but I didn't have insurance) and got some bad-ish news, though it could have been worse. My man was also dealing with some stuff, and the way that I am, I want to fix all the things and make everything better and be a superhero.
I WILL FIX EVERYTHING!

Anyway, long story short, the stress was getting to me, I was getting upset, and I was desperately tempted to binge. I wanted to bury my feelings beneath a mountain of food and self-loathing.


But I didn't. It one of the hardest things I have done recently, and I came up with a million excuses on my drive home as to why it would be no big deal to stop and pick up a pizza, or buy that big bag of Cadbury mini-eggs instead of the single-serving bag, or to get myself a burger or something. But I stopped myself, went home, told my man that stress was making me want to binge. He gave me a huge hug and comforted me, we ate our respective dinners together, then I busted my ass in water aerobics.

This morning?

240.6. Down half a pound from yesterday. The weight-loss goddesses decided to reward me. I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. one thing that really helps me when I'm feeling bingey is to remember this: you have to stop eating sometime, so you may as well stop before you feel guilty/sick. I am NOT the kind of person who can keep around sweets but this (gentle) reminder helps me put the bag away. whether you eat and entire pint of ice cream or just one serving, the experience of eating ice cream is going to end. anyway, good for you for overcoming it!

    ReplyDelete