Saturday, May 18, 2013

We're going down, down...

MY WEIGHT THAT IS.

Anyone else remember the song "Sugar, We're Going Down"? Well, there was a funny parody of it a few years ago:


ANYWAY.

Wouldn't you know, the combination of exercise, TRACKING MY FOOD (cannot emphasize this enough), drinking a metric shit-ton of water, and taking alpha-lipoic acid has resulted in losses on the scale.

(Source... if you don't follow this blog, you should)

SO yeah. It's been a good damn week, and I topped it off with going to a new Zumba studio this morning and getting my butt kicked in Toning class. My arms are going to HURT tomorrow. But it was worth it. Since it was my first class, it was free, but after class, I immediately signed up for a 10-class punch card for only $40. $4 per class? YES PLEASE.

On June 8th, I'm doing a charity fun walk for my local animal shelter.


Since the love of my life is my dog (sorry, boyfriend!), as soon as I saw this, I had to sign up. My original fundraising goal was $100... so far, I'm at $285. If you want to donate, here is my FirstGiving page where you can make a tax-deductible donation. EVEN A DOLLAR WILL HELP. All proceeds benefit the York County SPCA. And if you do donate, you will get a postcard featuring beautiful art by my friend Melissa Keays, who did a gorgeous portrait of my beloved pooch. (Please email me with your address if you do donate so I can send it out to you!)


That's all for now. I have a cold. I'm going to cuddle up on the couch and watch bad TV.








2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously the only thing that works for me in terms of weight loss is being super careful with my caloric intake / food tracking. IT SUCKS. I soooo want to be one of these people who is like, omg intuitive eating I stopped when I was FULL and I lost 10 pounds! Sunshine! Unicorns!

    Oh well. My next life is going to be bitchin'. The universe definitely owes me a good time.

    ReplyDelete