Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sometimes, you just gotta roll with it.

I only semi-tracked my points this weekend. And I'm okay with that.

When I commit to something, I have a tendency to get a bit anal with it, and this weekend helped to remind me that sometimes I just need to play it by ear and go with the flow when it comes to my eating.

I went to lunch with a friend yesterday and while I knew I was going to use some of my extra points, I wasn't counting on this:


I was near a Wegman's. We don't have one in my town; this one is about 45 minutes away and I rarely get a chance to go there. 

Now, I LOVE grocery stores. Seriously. I love food, I love cooking, I love shopping for food. So Wegman's is like Disneyland to me. And the prepared food section? Lord have mercy.

I ended up getting a few sushi rolls (California Roll and Spicy Coconut Shrimp) as well as a Spicy Shrimp Spring Roll, and ended up having them for dinner.

And you know what? I am totally fine with that. I was over my points yesterday, but I had some stuff that I don't normally get to have, and it certainly won't be a regular occurrence.

Today I was within my points and I did a short walking exercise video and spent a good 20 minutes stretching and doing crunches and pushups. 

It's kind of weird how once you start exercising, you feel really good about it. I really hope I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment